I have tulips! I have 3 soft red, early budding tulips sitting in a glass on my table slash desk.
As I walked into the gate of my building yesterday my landlady, and fellow teacher at the H. School down the street, was in the garden sweeping up and cleaning the mess that the little stray dog they adopted off the street had made. She asked me if i wanted some tulips, i of course was like, no no they're your garden and she then cuts off one hands it to me and then says, hold on two more. Here unlike back home, even numbers are bad luck and odd are good, so three it was :)
She said that I could come down there and take some anytime I want and I may just take her up on that...i'll have to refrain from the very natural feeling and tendency for two to three maybe.
So they sit in a fruit decorated glass when they should be in a vase. One has a nice extreme bend in the neck but lays flat out so i could actually look in the bud and the other two are still standing with a slight bend in the neck...each with it's own different degree of bending and in different directions...I love it.
Tulips remind me of spring, Easter and my Grandmother. After planting tulips with her one year where I had fondly remembered her always have a bunch spring up every year, I realized how ridiculously difficult they can be, and all that back breaking work for one bloom or one season and then to be re-planted, ugh, but they're beautiful and smell that way too! :)
I also have an African Violet that I bought on a whim at the market while buying veggies one day...it was a beautiful early spring day and I wanted flowers dang it! Found out that the flowers i wanted would only bloom through may and that wasn't good enough so I picked up the violets and a bag of dirt. So far, they've held up and I like to think I have a good feeling they'll survive, but time will only tell...green thumbs in my family are small in numbers.
next, zucchini, yep that's right I'm going to try my hand at planting and growing zucchini! I heard it's rather simple AND I love zucchini and eat it almost everyday come summer. wish me luck!
Ok well, it's a rather overcast chilly saturday but I gotta get around and out to find me a new camera :( or I would be including pics of my budding promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment