Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sweet Jesus, I'm chilly!!!!

It is 68 degrees and I am LOVING every second of it!!!! About 2am when I was getting ready to go to bed...yes i know 2am, sleep times haven't been the same after being up till 2 or 3am my time talking to family or friends around my grandpa's death....I thought I heard the sound I faintly remember being described as what is called "thunder"!! I thought no, there was only a little chance of rain and when I had gone to the window I heard a car racing down the major street near me and thought well maybe it was a car I heard. Well, NO, it was thundering....it continued from the west side of the city coming in over the mountains. I went to bed and of course laid there because I can't sleep and listened as the thundering got closer and closer from the mountains. I could see the reflections of the lightning on the houses or apartment blocks around me since I face east.
Right when I had started to doze off, the GIGANTIC burst of lightning struck simultaneous with the sharp and deep very loud cracking thundering that made me rise out if bed panicked! It was amazing!! And then the rain came!! WOOHOOOO RAIN!!!!! All morning I've heard off and on faint rumblings off somewhere but not sure if we'll get another dose today. (correction...it is an hour or so after i posted this and it IS RAINING!!!!! sorry i know, im maybe too excited! :) ... it's been a long time since ive been so excited and peaceful to watch a cold rain storm from a balcony...it's hard to explain!

We haven't had rain since the very beginning of June and we have really needed it! The whole country has been experiencing fires and the crops have been suffering as well! What a great way to start off the beginning of August! Which by the way is my exact year anniversary from when I left Ok and left the states! It is so hard to believe that it has already been a year! Many times it really feels like I was home just a few moths ago and other times it feels like we've been here forever. Tomorrow, August 2nd is when I flew out of OKC to go to Washington DC to spend a couple of days with my brother and our cousins before reporting in on the 4th in DC for our staging conference before flying out the 7th with my training group! Just surreal really!
With the weather the way it is today, I am getting soo excited about fall! Ya know, it's the little things in life...you have to be able to enjoy the little things! woohoo football season and volleyball season, can't wait!! :)

No comments: